Lexicoblog

The occasional ramblings of a freelance lexicographer

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Power cycling"

All through yesterday, my internet connection was frustratingly slow and when I got started this morning, everything was still taking ages or just not happening at all. So I finally managed to get onto the BT website to see if there was some kind of problem at their end. There didn't seem to be a server problem, so I took a look at the Troubleshooter tips, top of which was "power cycling". It sounded very technical, but as I read on, I laughed out loud when I discovered that it just meant unplugging your router and plugging it back in again!! It is, of course, the oldest trick in the IT book, but I never realised there was actually a proper term for it! And unsurpisingly, after I'd crawled under my desk, unplugged and plugged back in again, all was fine and whizzy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home